As a follow up to Nantahala, Black Mountain Shaving and Murphy & McNeil are pleased to introduce the big brother scent to our line-up: Pisgah (biblical Hebrew for 'summit').
Formalized in 1916, the Pisgah National Forest is home to the tallest summits in the Eastern United States, including Mount Pisgah, the highest peak of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Mount Mitchell, the highest peak of the Black Mountain range and anywhere East of the Mississippi River (6,684 feet). At the summit of Mount Mitchell, you will find a navigation compass pointing directions as you overlook the Appalancians & Blue Ridge Mountains in all of their wonder - a subtle reminder that if you can ascend one mountain, you can overcome, go, and do anything.
From the sacred Cherokee hunting valley of the Swannanoa, the birthplace of formalized art studies in the US at the former Black Mountain College, to the diverse richness of Asheville, Pisgah's 513,000 acres encompass them all. This also including 85,000 acres donated by Vanderbilts - the birthplace of Forestry and the US Forestry Service. At the Cradle of Forestry, the original cabins and one room school houses remain.
The scent blend developed for Pisgah is rustic and artful while remaining elite. It will allow you to feel the wood of the cabins and their creaking floorboards under your feet while luxurious enough to feel at home at the Vanderbilts' Biltmore Estate, the largest privately owned home in the US to this day. Notes of spices and herbs serve to ground and comfort like walking into one of our country general stores where provisions are acquired for the expedition. Sacred tobacco and a touch of incense protect with encouragement to continue climbing until you reach the summit. Lastly,ever so slight notes of citrus await like the sun on your face that await at the top.
With this release, we are proud to offer red wine barrel shave brushes from Tommi Kolsi from Finland, reflective of the vast wine vinyards at the Biltmore and in the spirit of reclaiming and reusing materials to create works of art, along with label art from Xicano Design capturing the vast beauty of Pisgah.
We are thrilled that Pisgah will be part of your great adventure.
Ascend young man!
Black Mountain Shaving
- Scent Strength: Medium
- Top: Bergamot, Bigarade, Cardamom, Incense
- Middle: Lavender, Ylang-Ylang, Orris, Peony, Plum Blossom, Tobacco
- Base: Vetiver, Cedarwood, Amber, Patchouli, Vanilla, Gaiac Wood, Leather, Iso E Super
- Credit: This set features the art of the incredible Rafa of @xicano_design!
Shave Soap Ingredients (available in KODIAK and AON)
Soap Base: Kodiak (this soap available in Kodiak for a limited time)
- Water, Stearic Acid, Duck Fat, Tallow Beef, Potassium Hydroxide, Tallow Bear, Castor Oil, Kokum Butter, Glycerin, Goat Milk, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Lanolin, Jojoba Oil, Fragrance, Kaolin Clay, Tocopheral, Tussah Silk
Soap Base: Aon (Firm)
- Stearic Acid, Water, Beef Tallow, Duck Fat, Potassium Hydroxide, Kokum Butter, Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Milk, Kaolin Clay, Lanolin, Tocopheral, Fragrance, Tussah Silk
Aftershave Balm Ingredients
- Water, Coconut Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, St. John's Wort, Chamomile, Comphrey, Plaintain Extract, Pomegranate, Sodium Lactate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol + Koolada-23 (Optional), Phenoyxethanol, EDTA, Fragrance
- 103mL / 3.5 fl oz
Click here to join us as seller