Description from Joe @BlackMountainShaving
Every year as a boy growing up, we would travel to our place in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Sometimes at spring, and others at fall, we would be greeted by a time where things moved slower. On rare occasions, my parents would let us break out the original Atari with the only game we had for it: Pong. It was just us, that endless forest, the streams, and the slate that bound us together as a family - these sacred lands once held by the Eastern Band Cherokee and more.
Along all the paths I have traveled and the adventures I have been a part of, I have been struck by the seemingly endless connectivity that holds even the most uncanny things together. There is a positive energy we all leave behind with each step we take. This is a realization that came to me during those moments underneath the thick canopies of the Nantahala forest, the land of the noonday sun.
Nantahala means "jumping waters" in Cherokee, and as water makes it's way through and binds slate, granite, and earth... so too does water shape and bind us together in the shaving community.
Nantahala is a dedication to and celebration of nature and the spiritual connectivity that binds us all. Clean streams, slate and rock, trees, woods, and the sweet sunlight on our faces. Every note in this fragrance carries a meaning for me and my time with family in the Nantahala forest. The sun is represented by citrus notes such as bergamot, pear, and lemon. Marine notes and pink pepper remind me of clean water running over stone, and the dark canopy of the forest is brought by notes such as wood, tonka, patchouli and lavender.
We hope you enjoy your experience with Nantahala.
This Shaving Soap by Murphy and McNeil is composed of a mix of high quality oils and ingredients that create a dense, creamy lather for an excellent shave.
- Scent Strength: Medium
- Top: Bright Citrus (Mandarin, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Pineapple), Lavender, Melon, Rosemary
- Middle: Geranium, Rose, Pink Pepper, Aquatics
- Base: Woody base of Patchouli, Labdanum, Suede, Fresh Wood, Amber, Tonka
- Notes: This fragrance is in recognition of all the elements of nature. A complex yet fresh accord that we hope will remind of you a clear, cool day in the forest.
- Credit: This set features the art of the incredible Rafa of @xicano_design!
- Base: Aon (Firm)
- Stearic Acid, Water, Beef Tallow, Duck Fat, Potassium Hydroxide, Kokum Butter, Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Vegetable Glycerin, Coconut Milk, Kaolin Clay, Lanolin, Tocopheral, Fragrance, Tussah Silk
- 5.5oz / 0.5oz Samples
ABOUT THE SELLER
Interested in selling on our site? Join as Seller