St. James Gate in medieval times was the Western most entrance to the City of Dublin, Ireland, where it stood until 1734. Since that time, the surrounding area has kept the name St. James Gate, despite the actual “gate” having been gone long ago.
The area surrounding St. James Gate has been home to popular breweries since the 17th century. To this day, the area is home to one of the most famous breweries in the world (look it up!)… and which is currently held on a 9000 year lease signed in 1759.